FIVE THINGS HE LOVES (excluding me and the kids and any gospel references - those are an understood and not very telling):
- Music - In the past year or so you would think the guy breathes it, he always has some melody going through his head, often one he is creating (see previous blog about his music). I am wowed with his ability to pick things apart and hear all the different pieces of a song, everything from instruments to chord structures
- Animals - He loves watching the nature channel with the boys and you should the meticulous and caring way in which he takes care of our pets - and they are only hermit crabs!
- Sports & Exercise
- Americas Funniest Home Videos (or any other like show that just make you laugh out loud at spoofs)
- Making a difference - that's why he became a government employee (yes, big shock - it wasn't for the money...)
5 Things on His To Do List
- Finish updating our home video collection
- Clean the house (this one is sweet - the kids and I left in a whirlwind, as trips always go, and Matt is slowly trying to put that whirlwind back together)
- Get some actually restful sleep (with me and the kids gone, that's his only chance, as with 3 young kids, we hardly every get to sleep uninterupted through the night!)
- Build our family music collection
- Watch the movies I said were too boring and didn't want to watch with him
5 Foods He Enjoys
- He would say anything "Autumn makes" - I love that he is the number one fan of my cooking
- Broccoli - Matt is my hero - he's the only person I know who often eats based on how the food makes him feel, and thus loves good broccoli
- Mexican food
- More cereal!
5 Things You May Not Know About Him
- He is so funny. He does a great job of trying to get me to laugh more and loosen up about life.
- He's a thinker.
- He is not quiet. Because he is a thinker he is fabulous at not saying things without thinking about them (unlike his wife...I have gotten better though!), but mistaking his pensiveness for having nothing to say is his number 1 pet peeve! He won't add to a conversation just to make himself look good.
- He is a work horse. He even got the "workhorse" award in his masters program from his peers because he knows how to discipline himself.
- He can do one impressive turkey gobble.
5 Places He Has Lived
- King City, CA
- Provo, UT
- Belgium and France (his mission)
- San Dimas, CA
- Cape Coral, FL
5 Quirky Things About Him
- He is a nazi on dental care (he accredits it to his dental merit badge - like if he eats something sweet, he has to eat something to get it off his teeth)
- I don't think he has ever gone more than 3 days without working out (okay, that's just impressive, not so quirky...)
- He does the socks and sandals scene
- He is a total homebody.
- He doesn't like the tangy taste of most berries (I was raised on them and LOVE them, but him, not so much)
There it is. He is the love of my life and I sure am missing him right now, as his new job is keeping us apart for the holidays this year. I love you!